Want a quick and easy veggie lunch? Check out these super simple crunch wraps with black beans. These wraps serve four and are packed with plenty of flavour
- Oil 2 tbsp, for frying
- Red onion 1, finely chopped
- Smoked chilli paste 2 tsp, (we used Gran Luchito)
- Black beans 400g tin, rinsed and drained
- Roasted red peppers from a jar 2, drained and diced
- Large flour tortilla wraps 4, warmed
- Grated Monterey jack cheese 180g bag
- Salted tortilla chips
- Plum tomatoes 2, diced
- Coriander ½ a small bunch, chopped
- Avocado 1, thinly sliced
Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan and add ¾ of the onion with a pinch of salt. Cook until softened then stir in the chilli paste and cook for a minute.
Add the black beans and peppers, and cook, stirring, until heated through and the beans are starting to break down.
Divide the bean mix between the four tortillas, keeping to a 10cm circle in the middle. Top with half the cheese then 3 tortilla chips on each. Mix the diced tomatoes with the rest of the onions and the coriander, and layer on top of the tortillas. Divide the avocado between the piles then top with the remaining cheese.
Fold in the edges of the tortillas, overlapping slightly so you have a parcel, and press down gently to set the shape.
Brush a non-stick frying pan with more oil then put the wraps in, seal-side down. Cook gently until golden brown and crisp, then flip over and cook the other side.