A colourful, vegan burrito recipe, rammed with tomatoes, black beans, sweetcorn, lime, coriander, avocado and red chilli. It’s a super lunch idea, ready in 30 minutes.
- Quinoa 150g
- Olive oil
- Onion 1, chopped
- Garlic 2 cloves, crushed
- Ground cumin 1 tsp
- Cayenne pepper ½-1 tsp
- Vine tomatoes 2, roughly chopped
- Black beans 400g Dried, soaked the night before
- Sweetcorn 200g tinned or frozen and defrosted
- Lime 1, juiced
- Coriander a small bunch, chopped
- Avocado 1 ripe, peeled, stoned and roughly chopped
- Red chilli 1 small, de-seeded and finely chopped
- Flour tortillas wraps 4 large
Cook the quinoa in boiling salted water for 20-25 minutes until tender. Pour through a sieve and leave to drain thoroughly while you make the filling.
Heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until soft. Add the garlic and spices and fry for another minute. Add 1 tomato, the black beans and sweetcorn and cook for 5 minutes before stirring in the drained quinoa, half the lime juice and half the coriander. Cook for a few minutes until the quinoa has warmed through.
Gently mix the remaining tomato, lime juice and coriander with the avocado and chilli. Season well.
Pile the quinoa mix into the middles of the wraps, top with the avocado mix. Fold in the sides, then roll up into burritos to eat. Wrap in foil and cut in half if the burritos are well stuffed and you need to keep them held together.