Got a tin of chickpeas in your store cupboard? Add them to this protein-rich vegan cauli curry for a nutritious midweek meal
- Cauliflower 1, broken into small florets
- Onion 1 large, roughly chopped
- Ginger 4cm piece, peeled and roughly chopped
- Garlic 2 cloves, roughly chopped
- Groundnut oil 2 tbsp
- Madras curry powder 1 tbsp
- Black mustard seeds 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds 2 tsp
- Ground turmeric 1 tsp
- Coconut milk 400g tin
- Vegetable stock 200ml
- Chickpeas 400g soaked, drained
- Coriander handful of leaves, to serve
- Basmati rice and Naan breads to serve
Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Blanch the cauliflower for 3 minutes. Drain and leave while you make the curry base.
Put the onion, ginger, garlic and 4 tbsp of water in a small food processor or power blender and whizz to a purée.
Heat the oil in large, wide, lidded frying pan. Add the onion purée and fry gently until lightly and all the water has evaporated. Add the spices and fry for 2 minutes until fragrant.
Stir in the coconut milk and stock, then cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Stir in the cauliflower and chickpeas, and simmer without a lid for 10-15 minutes or until the cauliflower is really tender. Stir in the coriander and serve with rice and naans, as you like.