Gazpacho is a cold soup made of raw vegetables. This simple recipe features cucumber, red pepper and red onion on a plum tomato base. Serve with crusty baguette
- Plum tomatoes 500g ripe, roughly chopped
- Cucumber ½, peeled and roughly chopped
- Red pepper 1, roughly chopped
- Red onion 1, roughly chopped
- Garlic 1 clove, chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Vegetable stock 200ml, chilled
- Sherry vinegar 2 tbsp
- Sweet smoked Spanish paprika 2 tsp
- White baguette 1, cut into 4
Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl, using 4 tbsp olive oil, and season. Whizz in a blender to a fine consistency. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Serve chilled in small cups or glasses with extra diced vegetables sprinkled over, if you like.