Ready in under an hour, this Greek one-pot is packed with plenty of fresh flavours as well as protein and fibre.
- Extra-virgin olive oil 1 tbsp
- Onion 1, finely chopped
- Garlic 3 cloves, finely chopped
- Tomato purée 1 tbsp
- Chopped tomatos 2 x 400g tins
- Ground cinnamon ½ tsp
- Dried oregano a large pinch
- Large butter beans 660g jar, drained and rinsed
- Feta 125g, crumbled, to serve
- Flat-leaf parsley chopped to make 2 tbsp
- Sourdough 4 slices, toasted to serve
Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof frying pan or shallow casserole, then gently cook the onion and garlic with a pinch of salt for 10 minutes or until the onion is soft. Stir in the tomato purée and cook for 1 minute, then add the tomatoes, cinnamon, oregano and beans, 250ml of just-boiled water and some seasoning, and bring to a simmer. Put into the oven for 25-30 minutes or until thickened and bubbling.
Top with crumbled feta and chopped parsley, and serve with toasted sourdough, if you like.