Prepare a zingy Greek-style salad to serve with homemade lamb meatballs for an easy summer dinner
- Lamb mince 400g
- Red onion 1 small, peeled and grated
- Dill a large handful, chopped
- Ground cumin ½ tsp
- Sea salt flakes 1 tsp
- Egg yolk 1
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Red wine vinegar 2 tbsp
- Vine cherry tomatoes 200g, halved
- Red onion ½ small, finely sliced
- Cucumber 1 or 1/2 normal cucumber, halved lengthways and cut into half moons
- Olives 16, drained
- Feta 200g, cubed
Put the lamb mince in a bowl with the grated onion, dill, cumin, salt and egg yolk. Use clean hands to mix everything together, then roll into 20 little meatballs.
Heat a large, non-stick frying pan and cook the meatballs, turning until browned all over and cooked through. There should be enough fat in the lamb to fry them without using any extra.
To make the salad, whisk the oil and vinegar together then toss with all the other ingredients. Serve the meatballs with the salad.