Check out this super simple linguine recipe with olives and savoy cabbage. Packed with plenty of flavour this easy recipe makes a quick midweek meal
- Linguine 500g
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Garlic 1 bulb, cloves peeled and thinly sliced
- Savoy cabbage 1 large head, shredded, tough stalks discarded
- Pitted black or mixed olives 150g, roughly chopped
- Pul Biber (Aleppo Pepper/crushed chilli flakes) 2-3 tbsp
- Lemons 2, juice of 1 and zest of 2
- Feta 400g
Cook the linguine in a large pan of boiling salted water following pack instructions.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and gently cook the garlic until translucent. Add the cabbage and fry for 5 minutes or until starting to soften.
Using tongs, lift the pasta from the water and add it to the frying pan with a few spoonfuls of the cooking water. Stir well, then add the olives and a little seasoning. Add the pul biter and lemon juice and zest, and combine before crumbling in ¾ of the feta and tossing the pasta to evenly distribute the ingredients. Add a few more tbsp of pasta cooking water if it seems dry. Serve with a sprinkling of the remaining feta.