This Mexican mixed bean chilli is delicious and super easy to make. In this mixed bean chilli we use Mexican flavours which creates a bowl of warm, aromatic and smokey chilli. This recipe is also made using just one pan.
- Sandua Olive oil
- 1 Red onion, diced
- 1 Sweet Red Pepper, diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 ½ tbsp Carmencita Smoked Paprika
- 1 tbsp Chilli Powder, your choice of heat
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- 500ml Veg stock
- 1 tbsp Sugar, we use Demerara
- 1 tbsp Oregano dried
- 1 570g Jar Cooked Pinta Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 570g Jar Cooked Red Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 570g Jar Cooked Jumbo White Beans, rinsed and drained
- Sea salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Lime cut into 4 wedges
- 1 handful of freshly chopped Coriander to garnish (optional)
In a medium sized pan over a medium-low heat sauté the onion and pepper for 5 minutes, until soften. Add the garlic and sauté for a further 2 minutes. Add cumin, Smoked paprika and chilli powder once you can start to smell the spices stir though your tomatoes, stock, sugar and oregano.
Bring to the boil, add the beans then turn down the heat and simmer for 40-45 minutes. You may need to add a little water as you go if the chilli becomes too thick.
Season to taste and serve fresh from the pan with a lime wedge and a sprinkling of Coriander.
Notes: This can be served with either tortilla warps, tortilla crisps or fluffy rice, maybe a combination of two.