These quick pork and bean tacos are the perfect speedy meal to make midweek and they’re under 500 calories. Put everything on the table and let people help themselves
- Groundnut oil
- Pork tenderloin fillet 1, cut into strips and seasoned
- Red onion 1 large, plus some chopped to serve
- Chipotle paste 2 tbsp
- Black beans or Pinta beans 400g tin
- Chopped tomatoes 400g tin
- Coriander ½ a small bunch, chopped
- Taco shells 8
- Shredded lettuce to serve
- Soured cream to serve
- Grated cheddar to serve
Heat a tbsp of oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the pork and cook on a high heat until browned then scoop out. Add most of the onion to the pan (keep a little back for garnish) then cook until softened. Add the chipotle paste, beans and tomatoes. Bring to a boil then simmer on high for 10 minutes. Add back the pork and simmer for 5 minutes until piping hot. Add most of the coriander.
Warm the tacos then stuff with lettuce, the pork mix and top with soured cream, cheese and a sprinkling of extra chopped red onion and coriander.