This spiced paneer with chilli green lentils recipe is vegetarian, easy to make and ready in just 30 minutes – perfect for midweek meal
- Green lentils 75g
- Vegetable stock 500ml
- Onion 1 small, grated
- Ginger a thumb-sized piece, peeled and chopped
- Red chilli 1, finely chopped
- Turmeric 1/2 tsp, plus a pinch extra
- Garam masala 1 tsp, plus extra for the paneer
- Coriander a small bunch, chopped
- Paneer 230g block, cut into wedges or cubes
- Groundnut or sunflower oil
- Naan bread to serve
Put the first 7 ingredients in a pan and bring to a simmer, then cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until the lentils are tender. Drain or boil off any excess liquid, then stir in most of the coriander.
Toss the paneer with some oil, seasoning and a little more turmeric and garam masala and fry in a non-stick frying pan until golden. Spoon the lentils onto plates, top with the paneer and remaining coriander and serve with naan bread.