Spicy, smoky lamb merguez gives this sauce a rich, deep flavour and combines really well with the cod. You could also use cooking chorizo for a similar result
- Merguez sausages 8, cut into chunks
- Onions 2, chopped
- Harissa 2-3 tbsp, depending on how spicy you want it
- Cherry tomatoes 2 x 400g tins
- Green olives 100g
- Cod loin 800g, cut into 6 pieces
- Olive oil
- Flat-leaf parsley 1 bunch, chopped
- Lemons 2, cut into wedges
Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Put the sausages in the bottom of a baking or roasting dish. Roast for 10 minutes until browned on the outside, then stir in the onions and roast for another 10 minutes. Stir in the harissa and tomatoes and put back in the oven for 20 minutes.
Stir through the olives, then sit the cod pieces in the sauce, drizzle with a little olive oil and season. Put back in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the cod is cooked through. Scatter with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.