Our creamy tuna niçoise pâté recipe is super simple and takes no time at all to make. This recipe serves 6 and makes for a perfect dinner party starter
- Tuna in oil 2 x 158g tins, drained
- Unsalted butter 100g, at room temperature
- Double cream 100ml
- Lemon 1, zested, plus 2 tbsp of juice
- Flat-leaf parsley finely chopped to make 2 tbsp
- Hot toasted Bread 6 slices
- Eggs 2, boiled, cold and peeled, then chopped
- Pitted black olives 3 tbsp, roughly chopped
- Capers 3 tbsp, rinsed
Put the tuna, butter, cream, lemon zest and juice in a food processor and whizz until smooth.
Taste for seasoning, then stir through the chopped parsley. Transfer to a clingfilm-lined mini loaf tin or to a big jar (or two smaller ones). Chill overnight.
Bring the pâté out of the fridge 10 minutes before serving. Serve with plenty of hot toast and the chopped eggs, olives and capers piled into separate bowls for sprinkling on top.